June 20, 2018
Are you a tertiary student? Have you ever considered playing bowls? Clayton Bowls Club is looking for young industry enthusiasts to take up cadetships playing bowls.
No bowls experience is necessary but a great attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn this skilful and strategic game is a must!
Warning: lawn bowls can be seriously addictive!
- Coached by world champions
- Have a Premier League player as your personal mentor
- Remunerated $1,000
- Provided with a uniform, bowls and Clayton Bowls Club membership
- Belong to, and be associated with, a Premier League Club
- Given career development opportunities in the bowls industry
Successful cadets must
- Attend all scheduled training/coaching sessions (usually Thursday nights)
- Be available to play in 16+ of the 18 pennant (Saturday games) October 2018 to March 2019
(with normally a four week break over the Christmas period)
- Make every effort to be available to play in tournaments and other Clayton Bowls Club events
- Be an ambassador for Clayton Bowls Club
- Help promote the game of bowls, in particular at Clayton Bowls Club, through their personal
and social media channels – aim is for each cadet to attract (at least) two more bowlers to
become members of Clayton Bowls Club.
- Be willing to learn more about an aspect of working in a bowls club – ie turf management or
sports administration and management.
Email your contact details and, in less than 200 words, tell us why you would be a suitable bowls cadet. email@example.com. Applications close 30 July 2018.
For further information contact Clayton Bowls Club CEO Margaret O’Keefe on (03) 9544 9929.